Sunday, May 16, 2010

Italian Pasta Salad recipe

Last Sunday, for Mother's Day, we had lunch with my fam. I made an Italian Pasta Salad because I knew my mom loves that salad.
I don't think I'd ever made this particular kind of salad before, and when I was looking for recipes none of them were really doing it for me.
So I made up my own recipe and I have to say, it turned out pretty great.
I don't know the exact measurements of what I used, but I'll make a good guess.
This made a pretty big salad, it fed 20 ish people & there were leftovers.

  • 2 boxes of Barilla Tri-Colored Rotini pasta. Cooked.
  • Several carrots sliced pretty thin. I used baby carrots & I sliced them the round way.
  • 1 jar Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil. I drained most of the olive oil first and used the sliced Tomatoes.
  • 2 stalks of broccoli crowns, cut into small pieces.
  • 1 bottle Italian Dressing. I bought Wishbone brand because it didn't have high fructose corn syrup (I was shocked other brands did, gross!). I actually bought 2 bottles and used about 1 1/4 bottles.
  • 3 small cans of sliced olives
  • Parmesan Cheese, grated. I used a small handful and then sprinkled some on top.

Cook pasta and then just mix all the ingredients together. It's best if it sits for at least a few hours before serving. I waited to add the Parmesan cheese until just before serving. The pasta soaks up the dressing, so that's why I ended up adding 1/4 of the second bottle just before serving.



This photo isn't my salad, it's from Crisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment