I don't think I'd ever made this particular kind of salad before, and when I was looking for recipes none of them were really doing it for me.
So I made up my own recipe and I have to say, it turned out pretty great.
I don't know the exact measurements of what I used, but I'll make a good guess.
This made a pretty big salad, it fed 20 ish people & there were leftovers.
- 2 boxes of Barilla Tri-Colored Rotini pasta. Cooked.
- Several carrots sliced pretty thin. I used baby carrots & I sliced them the round way.
- 1 jar Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil. I drained most of the olive oil first and used the sliced Tomatoes.
- 2 stalks of broccoli crowns, cut into small pieces.
- 1 bottle Italian Dressing. I bought Wishbone brand because it didn't have high fructose corn syrup (I was shocked other brands did, gross!). I actually bought 2 bottles and used about 1 1/4 bottles.
- 3 small cans of sliced olives
- Parmesan Cheese, grated. I used a small handful and then sprinkled some on top.
Cook pasta and then just mix all the ingredients together. It's best if it sits for at least a few hours before serving. I waited to add the Parmesan cheese until just before serving. The pasta soaks up the dressing, so that's why I ended up adding 1/4 of the second bottle just before serving.
This photo isn't my salad, it's from Crisco.